- Releasing emotional tensions so they can access their full intelligence
- Increased ability to find creative solutions to problems
- Enhanced learning and memory
- More grounded and centered in their body
- Greater sense of self-esteem and power in the world
Play wrestling is a fun and easy way to get more connection, less fighting, and even more compliance with homework in your household! All you need to do is keep a close eye on your child to make sure they aren’t feeling afraid or overpowered in the play (and if they do, then you mellow it out a bit) and be at the ready to protect yourself from a play-grab that could go awry. Be on your toes and snuggle your child with as much vigor as will get them laughing in hysterics (remember, no tickling! It can make kids feel powerless. Teasing towards tickling is just fine though).
Bonus points if you play wrestle before homework as your child will be more focused and able to complete the work from all that good contact with you.